Scholle’s Global Sustainability Team organized a week-long celebration to encourage participation in Earth Week across the organization. Although we maintain our work in sustainability, this year was the first time having a week of planned events across locations.
Here are a few highlights on how different locations celebrated Earth Week.
Employees at our Chilhowie, VA plant:
- Set up a clothing drive to support a local charity that provides food for those in need
- Reduced food waste by making pizzas with leftover food
- Eliminated paper cups with reusable mugs
Employees at Baie d’Urfe Canada plant:
- Donated time to The Great Food Drive for area kids
- Also eliminated paper cups with reusable mug
Employees at the Northlake, IL plant:
- Spread the word on thinkeatsave.org and how to reduce food waste
- Raised $1,133 from a bake sale, proceeds go to nokidhungry.org and will provide 11,330 meals for kids
Scholle officially joined the Save Food Initiative. Save Food aims at encouraging the dialogue on food losses between industry, research, politics and civil society. By belonging to this organization, Scholle is better positioned on the leading edge of packaging solutions that will help meet the needs of our customer and the end consumers in the most sustainable way possible.